When is the Best Time to Move?
Moving can be stressful no matter when you are moving. However, if given a choice, there are better times than others to move.
Utah movers gear up for the busiest times of the year to move. So with a little bit of planning and organizing, you can reserve the day and time you need to move.
1) The busiest day of the month to move is Saturday. If you need to move on this day, schedule your move 2 weeks in advance if possible.
2) The last week of a month is the busiest week to move. People need to move before their rent and lease come due; schedule for this time period at least 2 weeks ahead.
3) May through August are busy times to move. Plan ahead if you need to move during the summer.
4) Holidays can be a busy time for people to move. Again, schedule in advance if you want to move during a holiday break.
There are times that are less hectic for moving. Sometimes you can even get a better deal when scheduling for these time periods.
1) January and February are always the slowest months for moving. It’s cold outside and people just don’t like to relocate during the winter. So consider moving during the winter.
2) Middle of the month, as long as it’s not during the summer, is a good time to move. The rush is always for the end of the month, so if you can move during the middle of the month, you won’t have to schedule so far in advance.
3) Always try to move first thing in the morning. If you can arrange your schedule to have a morning appointment that is the best way to go. You’ll get a fresh crew and you won’t have to worry about your crew running late if your appointment follows someone else.
4) Same day appointments are often available if you need to move at the last minute.
Just a few ideas to keep in mind if you are scheduling an upcoming move!
Your Utah movers move year round so you should be able to move whenever is convenient for you.