Utah movers are experts at packing boxes. They will sell you supplies so you can pack yourself, or they will pack your items for you. If a moving box is packed correctly, the chances of damage or slim. Follow these tips from the professionals to pack your breakables:
* Use sturdy boxes and limit the weight to no more than 50 lbs each. Pack heavy items on the bottom, lighter items on top.
* When packing breakables, always put a cushioning layer on the bottom of the box and one on top to fill in the spaces and give extra protection to your item. It is best not to skimp when using paper. More paper not less is always better.
* Boxes should be enclosed, and the top of the box should not be bulging.
* Wrap each item separately. It is best to use packing paper on items such as plates, dishes, bowls etc. Use bubble wrap on figurines and crystal.
* Avoid news paper which can leave ink on your items. Utah movers sell packing paper which is best!
* Some items can be double boxed for extra protection. For these special items, pack it in a small box then put the small box in a larger box and pack paper around the smaller box.
* Label your box “fragile” on the top and on the side. Plus, label what is in the box.
* When taping the “bottom” of your box, use one piece of tape straight down the middle then two more pieces to make an “x” . On the “top” of the box use only one piece of tape down the middle.
* Hint-After you are finished packing the box, shake it a little, see if you can hear anything rattle, if you can, repack the box.
Follow these simple guidelines, and you too, will be packing like a professional! If you need help packing, call movers in Utah.