The following tips are a good place to start:
1) Get at least three moving companies to come to your home and give you a quote.
A reputable moving company will want to see your shipment and give you a written bid. Always get an on site estimate!
2) Find out what coverage options are available to protect your shipment.
Moving companies all carry 60 cents per lb. coverage, but you can also purchase additional coverage.
3) Decide if you want to pack yourself or have movers pack you.
Have your estimator figure this into your bid. Packing yourself will save you money, but what you pack will not be protected. So, consider having your shipment professional packed. It might be worth it.
4) How soon do you need your shipment delivered after it is loaded?
This might play a role in which moving company you choose. Moving companies vary in delivery spreads depending if they are shipping your goods alone or with another shipment. If your shipment is going by itself, it should be able to be delivered quickly.
5) Schedule your move at least 7 – 10 days in advance.
Be sure you secure Utah Movers at least a week in advance especially if you are moving at the end of a month which is the busiest time to move.